South Carolina State Parks have plenty going on year-round. Check out these annual events!
- Bellfest at Devils Fork State Park on March 18, 2023
- The rare Oconee Bell blooms from mid-March to early April at the park. Colonies of the Oconee Bells blooming in their entire splendor can be seen along the Oconee Bell Trail. The Oconee Bell is a rare flower of the southern Appalachians found only in a few locations in the mountains of North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia in moist woods along streams.
- Kite Festival at Huntington Beach State Park March 18-19, 2023
- Birthday Celebration at Andrew Jackson State Park on March 18, 2023
- Founders Day Festival at Charles Towne Landing SHS on April 8, 2023
- Easter at South Carolina State Parks (April 9, 2023)
- Gator Gauntlet 5K at Huntington Beach State Park on April 15, 2023
- Annual Revolutionary War Encampment at the Battle of Musgrove Mill SHS April 29-30, 2023
- Cinco-K de Mayo 5K at Hickory Knob on May 5, 2023
- LilyFest at Landsford Canal on May 21, 2023
- Rocky Shoals Spider Lilies peak mid-May through mid-June at Landsford Canal State Park
- Tour de Turtles- Travel to three, and maybe more, of our South Carolina State Parks to learn about and hopefully observe three to four different species of sea turtles in the wild! Spot a leatherback or Kemp’s ridley from the fishing pier at Myrtle Beach, walk to the jetty at Huntington Beach and observe immature greens, see a nesting loggerhead at Edisto Beach, and attend a sea turtle nest inventory at any of our four coastal parks! Capacity for this special program is filled for 2023 but check back for this opportunity in 2024!
- Tubing the Edisto River at Givhans Ferry State Park
- Fourth of July
- Frontier Encampment at Oconee Station SHS - August 20, 2022
- Commemoration for the Battle of Musgrove Mill - August 19, 2023
- Hawk Watch at Caesars Head State Park - September to November
- Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend
- Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival at Huntington Beach State Park - September 23-25, 2022
- Featuring over 100 of the finest artisans, the Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival provides aesthetic beauty against a background of natural beauty. Enjoy fine art, quality crafts and local food, along with the musical offerings of several of the area’s finest musicians.
- Edisto Blackwater Boogie at Givhans Ferry State Park- October 7-9, 2022
- Halloween Events
- Croft will be having a Halloween event on October 22, 2022 from 2 p.m. until 8:45 p.m..
- Lake Hartwell will be having a Halloween event on October 22, 2022 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Oconee State Park will be having their Halloween event on October 22, 2022.
- Join Redcliffe Plantation October 27-29, 2022 for their Beyond the Gravestone program.
- Lake Greenwood State Park is having a S'more Social Bonfire on October 28, 2022!
- Hampton Plantation is hosting a Legends and Lore program on October 22 and 29, 2022 at 12 p.m. and 2p.m.
- Dreher Island is hosting a pirate themed Boo Bash on October 29, 2022 from 3 p.m. until dark. For a full list of activities, click here.
- Baker Creek is having a Camper Crawl on October 29, 2022 from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m..
- Hamilton Branch will be having their annual Halloween event on October 29, 2022 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Join Redcliffe Plantation October 27-29, 2022 for their Beyond the Gravestone program. During this program, guests will be able to visit the Hammond cemetery, which is typically closed to the public outside of programs. The cemetery will be open from 5:45 p.m.-6:30 p.m.. There will be a presentation in the mansion beginning at 6:45pm.This program is $10 per person and pre-registration is required.
- On October 28, 2023, Lake Greenwood State Park is having Halloween Jingo from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m., Halloween Crafts from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m., and Trick-or-Treating in their campgrounds from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.!
- Lee State Park will have Camp-and-Treat on October 28, 2023, also go ahead and register for pumpkin carving for campers from 3pm-4pm on October 28, 2023!
- Creepy Campout at Lake Wateree State Park on October 29, 2022! For a full list of activities, click here!
- Baker Creek is hosting a community Trunk-or-Treat at the Pavilion on October 30, 2022.
- Sesquicentennial is hosting their annual Howl-O-Ween on October 30, 2022 from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.. Dress up your furry friends for the pet costume contest and stick around for a dog training demo at 3 p.m. by the Alliance of Force Free Animal Professionals.
- Artisan's Market at Sesquicentennial State Park - November 6, 2022
- Colonial Trades & Harvest Day at Charles Towne Landing - November 19, 2022
- Anniversary of the Battle of Blackstocks Hike on November 20, 2023
- Free Admission on Black Friday at South Carolina State Parks
- Holiday events:
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Hickory Knob State Resort Park on November 24 from 11a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Holiday Light Show at Oconee State Park- select dates between November 24, 2022-January 10, 2023
- Jocassee Santa at Devils Fork State Park- November 18, 2023
- Breakfast with Santa at Hickory Knob State Resort Park on December 3 from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m.
- Santa at the Lodge at Table Rock State Park- December 3, 2022
- Atalaya Holiday Celebration by the Friends of Huntington Beach State Park on December 3, 2022 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Santa on the Beach at Myrtle Beach State park- December 3-4, 2022
- Christmas at Rose Hill Plantation- December 3-4, 2022
- Hampton: Home for the Holidays at Hampton Plantation- December 12-17, 2022
- Redcliffe at Christmas on December 17, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. at Redcliffe Plantation State Historic Site
- A Sense of the Season at Charles Towne Landing on December 17, 2022
- Santa's at Sesqui 5K at Sesquicentennial State Park on December 18, 2022
- Holiday Creations Ornament Workshop at Aiken State Park on December 20, 2022
- First Day Hikes- January 1, 2023
- Memorial Illumination and commemorative program at the Battle of Rivers Bridge SHS February 3, 2023
- Fox Squirrel 5K at Sadlers Creek State Park on February 25, 2023
Year Round Programs
**Please note there may be other events that are listed later. Check our Programs & Events page, or contact the park you are interested in, directly.