Lake Greenwood  Hero Image

Lake Greenwood

Lake Greenwood  Image
Icon For Temperature

64°

Clear Sky

Park Logo
Clock Logo

HOURS

6 a.m. - 6 p.m., daily (extended to 10 p.m. during Daylight Saving Time)

OFFICE

9 a.m. - 5 p.m., daily (extended to 8 p.m. F-Sa during Daylight Saving Time)

Admission Logo

ADMISSION

$2 adults; $1.25 SC seniors; age 15 & younger free

Pets Logo

PETS

Pets are allowed in most outdoor areas provided they are kept under physical restraint or on a leash not longer than six feet. Owners will be asked to remove noisy or dangerous pets or pets that threaten or harass wildlife.

Lake Greenwood State Park  Has Wifi

Wifi Available

BY THE NUMBERS

1 of 16 SC State Parks built by the Civilian Conservation Corps

1 fishing pier

2 boat ramps that provide access to 11,400 acre Lake Greenwood

125 paved campsites, all of which offer up to 50 amp electrical service

0.8 mile nature trail for your walking pleasure

4 picnic shelters available for picnics and other group gatherings

1 Drummond Center available for conferences, receptions and other events, seats up to 169 people

914 acres of parkland in Greenwood County

Lake Greenwood State Park

Midlands

History & Interpretation

  • Museum: The John and Holly Self Drummond Conservation Education and Conference Center features an extensive, interactive exhibit recounting the history of the Civilian Conservation Corps, the New Deal-era work teams who built state parks and other long-lasting conservation and recreation projects throughout the nation.

  • Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC): Yes
  • Designation: Lake Greenwood State Park was developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), a New Deal Program created by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The program was designed to provide employment during the Great Depression while addressing national needs in conservation and recreation.

    The CCC was instrumental in the development of many of South Carolina’s state parks. A number of buildings built by the CCC in the 1930's are still in use at this park.

  • When & How PRT Acquired: Donated in 1938 by Greenwood County.