Two historic buildings are located on the grounds of Oconee Station State Historic Site. The oldest is a stone blockhouse that was built in 1792. It is all that remains of a military outpost that was built during a period of tension between the white settlers and the Indians. The brick house at Oconee Station was built in 1805 and served as the residence of a merchant who ran a trading post on the site. Both are open for tours on Saturday and Sunday from 1p.m. - 5p.m. and by appointment.
Buildings are open for tours between 1pm-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays