Discover Carolina Program Registration
[Registration Form] [Checklist] [Chaperone Agreement] [Teacher Evaluation]
For more program information about Discover Carolina:
- Contact (803) 734-0517 for a Discover Carolina information brochure.
To schedule a program:
- Field trip reservations for the 2017-2018 school year can be made starting August 1, 2017.
- Call a Discover Carolina site and speak to the site's interpretive ranger or program specialist at least 6 weeks prior your desired field trip date to tentatively register for your programs.
Send registration information and pre-payment to the Discover Carolina site within 10 working days of your contact with the site interpreter.
- Please send: Teachers Name, Contact Phone Number, School Address, Number of Students, Students Grade Level, Title of Program, Date & Time desired for field trip, and Two Alternative Dates. Click here for a printable registration form.
Group A- includes Charles Towne Landing, Colonial Dorchester, Hampton Plantation, Hunting Island, Huntington Beach, Myrtle Beach and Paris Mountain
Group B - includes Andrew Jackson, Jones Gap, Lee, Musgrove Mill, Oconee Station, Redcliffe, Sesquicentennial and Table Rock
Confirmation will be sent within five working days after receiving registration and payment from the teacher. Confirmation packet will contain:
- Confirmation letter
- Payment receipt
- Map to the park
- Map of the park and facilities
- Pre-site activities, check-out information and procedures for using pre-packaged materials available from the park to complete the pre-site activities
- Agenda for the field trip's activities including times, leaders, and places
- Lesson plans for the field trip
- Specific park rules of conduct
- Chaperone Agreement - Click here for a printable form.
- Post-site activities, check-out and return information and procedures for using pre-packaged materials available from the park to complete these activities
- Evaluations for teachers and students to fill out
Cancellation of a program by the park interpreter will occur only under extreme weather conditions. Advance notice of cancellation is required within 48 hours of your visit, or you will not receive a park refund.