Top 5 List
On your next trip to Huntington Beach
, make sure you print and take along this list of the five things you must do at the park
1. Walk "the square", a two-mile loop made by walking from the south beach access across to the causeway to Terrapin Drive, then down the historic straight road and back to south beach. View wildlife along the way.
2. Take a self-guided audio tour or docent-led tour of Atalaya, a National Historic Landmark. The picturesque, Moorish-style home was the winter retreat of renowned 20th-century sculptor, Anna Hyatt Huntington and her husband, philanthropist and Spanish scholar, Archer Huntington.
3. Visit the Education Center to pet a stingray or horseshoe crab in the touch tank, see a baby alligator or diamondback terrapin up close, or learn about the variety of threatened and endangered species that inhabit the park.
4. Explore everything the three miles of pristine, wide open beach has to offer like swimming or running, fishing, or just relaxing with a book.
5. Take in a Coastal Exploration program with a naturalist to experience more of our abundant wildlife or learn a new hobby such as kayaking, beachcombing or birding.