Top 5 List
On your next visit to Edisto Beach State Park
, make sure you print and take along this list of the five things you must do at the park
1. Visit the Education Learning Center that features interactive displays and learn about the ACE Basin.
2. Walk along the 1.5-mile, palmetto-lined beach famed for its shelling, sunrises and historic fossils.
3. Spend some time on the state's longest system of handicapped-friendly hiking and biking trails deep into the maritime forest full of like oaks and some of the state's tallest palmetto trees along the pristine marshland.
4. Explore the history of a 4,000-year-old shell midden, or the historical Bache Monument.
5. Launch a boat into Big Bay Creek to enjoy a day fishing or exploring the waters of the ACE Basin.