Top 5 List
On your next visit to Colleton State Park
, make sure you print and take along this list of the five things you must do at the park
1. Walk the Cypress Swamp Nature Trail, a short 0.3-mile loop trail, where you can identify trees and plants as well as spot native wildlife.
2. Canoe or kayak down one of the longest blackwater rivers in the country, the Edisto River.
3. Educate yourself about the Works Progress Administration(WPA)-built park by visiting the resource center or reading an interpretive wayside.
4. Read a book or enjoy a picnic along the Edisto River or under the shade of a tall pine tree.
5. Enjoy fishing from the bank or from a boat in the Edisto River for bream, redbreast or catfish.