Get a taste of what's cookin' and bring your own flavor to the South Carolina Camper Cookoff Series!
The following events will be held in the series:
***March 14-15, 2014 Catfish Cookoff at Santee State Park ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS NOW from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., daily.
**** To reserve your spot as a cook or judge for the Santee Catfish Cookoff, please contact the park at 803-854-2408. You may not make reservations by any other method.
July 25-26, 2014 Barbecue Cookoff at Kings Mountain State Park
- ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS NOW!
Nov. 7-8, 2014 Chicken Cookoff at Calhoun Falls State Park - ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS NOW!
Jan. 16-17, 2015 Grits Cookoff at Myrtle Beach State Park - ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS NOW!
Information on the Cookoffs:
- 75 sites will be set aside for participants at each park. 25 sites will be dedicated to the cooks and 50 will be to the judges.
- When reserving a site, you may register and participate as a cook or a judge - not both.
- Entry fee (for cooks or judges) will be a two-night minimum campsite registration fee.
- Participants must call the respective park to make a reservation to be assigned to the correct area. You may not register online or via the toll-free number.
- Judges will taste a sample from all cooks and then vote. Only one vote is allocated per judging campsite.
- Cooks must provide 50 individual samples - one sample portion per judge.
- The only category judged will be the dish, which has to contain the signature item of the respective cookoff.
- DHEC information for cook teams can be found here.
For more information on the cookoffs, how to be a cook or participate as a judge, please contact the park directly.